Why I Recommend Avoiding the Foreigner’s Office of Jaén

It is basically like this:

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous, Teaching in Spain and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Why I Recommend Avoiding the Foreigner’s Office of Jaén

1. avatar Ryan says:

Oh my goodness I loved this video because of how it parallels with the process of becoming an auxiliar and hated it because…I’m going to Jaen too and dont want to deal with this!

Recently I was sent the letter from Jaen that informed me I’d be teaching in Cambil, Jaen (southeast of the city of Jaen as I’m sure you already know) and was wondering if you and Ben were the right people to ask questions to.

And the website is great, love the videos!

2. avatar Eve Richer says:

Hey Ryan, thanks for the comment! Glad you like the videos.

If it’s any consolation, I didn’t have any problems with the Jaén Extranjería the first three times I had to go to get my NIE. They were actually pretty nice and you will be much closer to the capital than I was so you won’t spend 6 hours on a bus each time. It wasn’t till they refused to renew my NIE for next year that I became so bitter about them, but that’s a long story. Spanish bureacracy is all part of the experience…

I don’t know anything about Cambil but if you have questions about the region or program, feel free to ask.

3. avatar Ashley says:

Oh my goodness, this terrifies me! I am so glad I found your blog, it has proved helpful already. I’m really lost with the whole background check/apostille thing… But getting to Spain (Jaen for me, as well), I’m going to be SO lost!

I’m going to be in Valdapenas de Jaen. Know anything bout it?

• avatar Ben Raznick says:

Hi Ashley,
      That’s great you will be in Jaén!
      Here is the bus company website we took from Madrid – it’s called Samar.
      Click “Consulta de Horarios” and type in Madrid-Estacion del Sur and then Valdepeñas and you’ll see the bus schedule.
      There are 2 bus stations in Madrid, and you’ll leave from the South one (Estacion del Sur) which is also the metro stop Mendez Álvaro.

• avatar Eve Richer says:

Hi Ashley,
      I don’t know much about Valdepeñas de Jaén but since it’s a Jaén pueblo it will probably have lots of olive trees and be surrounded by nature. I think you’re a lot closer to the capital than we were though so city life will be much more accessible. Good luck and let us know if you have more questions.

4. avatar Ashley says:

Thank you so much for your comments! I posted another comment on the background check/apostille thread… I’m really lost there, haha!

Comments are closed.